Ready for the real thing?
6 Deck Blackjack Need-to-Know
Bovada’s 6 deck Blackjack provides one of the lowest House Edges of any casino game online. At just 0.06%, this is contingent on the fact that perfect basic strategy is used on all hands. See further below for an easily referenced Basic Strategy chart to help you keep the House Edge down to a minimum.
Distinguishing this game as having multiple decks is necessary, as Bovada also offers a single-deck Blackjack – the game of choice for card counters. Despite helping to lower the House Edge, single-deck blackjack often comes with rule variations, including lesser payout on a Player Blackjack.
6 Deck Blackjack Rules Summary
- Closest hand to 21 without going over wins.
- Dealer is dealt two cards – one hole card face down, one card face up.
- Player is dealt two face up cards, and must act on the hand to get closest to a value of 21 without busting.
- Card values consist of 10 points for face cards (J/Q/K) and either 1 or 11 for Aces (the higher value applied that does not bust the hand)
Hand Actions (Game Buttons)
Hit – Click to be dealt another card
Stand – Click to finalize hand, which will initiate the dealers hole card to be revealed.
Split – Click to create two hands when two identical cards are dealt initially (suit does not matter)
Surrender – Click Surrender to forfeit half of the wager. Must be used before the dealer looks at their cards. Should be used if the player is confident the dealer will win.
Insurance – Click Insurance to make an additional bet in the amount of half the initial bet. Can be made when the dealers face up card is an Ace, thus giving them a greater chance of hitting Blackjack. If the dealer indeed has Blackjack, the Insurance bet pays 2 to 1. If the dealer does not have Blackjack, the Insurance bet is lost and the hand is played out.
Double Down – Click this button to double your bet after your hand has been dealt. You are permitted only one additional card (hit), after which the dealers hand will be played out.
6 Deck Blackjack Rules of Note
- Dealer Hits on Soft 17 (Ace with a six)
- 6 Decks in play, reshuffled after each hand
- Doubling down on any two cards is permitted
- Early surrendering is allowed on the first two cards
- Player Blackjack pays 3 to 2 odds
- Insurance pays 2 to 1
- Splitting is permitted up to three hands
- Re-splitting of Aces is not permitted